Benefits of Membership
Periodically, members of DAMA International chapters inquire about the benefits of membership as an affiliated chapter of DAMA International. To answer this question, the Board of Directors of DAMA International have compiled these benefits of membership and affiliation:
* The Chapter is recognized and publicized by DAMA International, the premier professional organization for data/information management practitioners.
* The Chapter is authorized to attend DAMA Presidents’ Council meetings to set DAMA direction and to enhance DAMA International services to the chapters.
* Chapters are eligible to vote for the DAMA International Board of Directors. Chapter officers are encouraged to serve as officers of DAMA International.
* The Chapter is eligible to vote on recipients of the DAMA International Achievement Award.
* Chapter members receive vendor and training discounts provided to DAMA International by selected vendors and publishers. Chapter members are given to receive the member discount for DAMA International publications.
* Chapter contact and program information is maintained by DAMA International through the Chapter List links.
* Chapter members receive announcements of DAMA International symposia, and chapter members receive the member discount at DAMA International symposia.
* Chapter members are eligible for free subscription to Information Management magazine (formerly DM Review). Register at their website.
* Chapter events, newsletters, etc...may be posted on the DAMA International web site. Contact the VP Online Services for assistance.
* New and struggling Chapters may qualify for monetary assistance with local meetings or speaker tours.
* The Chapter has access to the DAMA Speakers Bureau.
* Chapters in the United States and Canada are covered by a DAMA International general liability insurance policy. Contact the VP Chapter Services for assistance.
* DAMA membership provides the IRM/DRM professional with a network of data management professionals who share ideas and solutions to DRM/IRM issues (discussion groups).